Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Ways to make him talk!

Tuesday: I have been working and preparing for Thanksgiving, that I have not had the opportunity to write, so please forgive me. As Thanksgiving approaches, I am so grateful for all of my blessings. It is such a special day.

On to the Buddy-front. Guess what? He got his new phone! On Saturday, tech support suggested he give them $45 and they will send a new phone as a replacement. Even tough we have phone insurance (absolutely necessary for these two kids), somehow $45 flew out of my pocketbook. I looked at him and commented that when he was around, I gained weight and lost money rather than the opposite. His response was to laugh as he transcribed the numbers off my Visa card.

And so life goes on. When he arrived home, I had a brief orientation to the house. I introduced him to the sink, dish washer, trash can, recycle bin, garage door opener that also closes, dog's leash, television remote that also turns the TV off. It seems that he had paid attention to 25% of the orientation and demonstration as the water bottles are on the floor, crumbs are found all over the place, television is left on, and house is open while we sleep at night. It's good to have him home!

As of today, there has been no announcement of a major ...stay tuned. We are going to spend 13 hours in the car driving south together and he cannot escape my presence. I might be able to use torture techniques to pry the information out of him. These techniques include but are not limited to: listening to Christmas songs from North to South Carolina, singing church tunes off key, talking about my past life as a tennis player, describing to him in detail what I do for a living, and how to get a job and keep it when he is home, and Budgeting Money 101. Before his eyes glaze over, I may be able to get him to talk to me about his future which may or may not include baseball. Hey! I am a good listener....try it! I can also be kind and compassionate....I can also hold back on criticism and critiques....by the way, no one knows him better than I do....More later!

No comments:

Post a Comment