Friday, December 23, 2011

Two places at once.....

I am quickly running out of time. No, I am not finished with preparations. I looked at the kids' gifts and think that they need a bit more. What is that all about? Aren't I the one who is trying to abide by the true meaning of the season? Am I a hypocrite as I run to the mall, Sam's Club, and vegetable stand for dinner and produce today? With the unwrapped presents scattered over the floor in my office, I have not exercised for a few days. What is going on?

Actually, I know what is going on...I am a victim of consumerism and sinister marketing strategies. That's right....I have not evolved since I watched the early McDonald's advertisements on television and immediately felt that a quarter pounder with cheese and french fries should be my birthday dinner. I have to buy named brand bread, cereal, and chips. Aren't they all the same? What's the difference between a Herr's potato chip and a brand that I never heard of? I ask you, how did I fall so hard and deep that I cannot pull myself out of this downward spiral? I can only answer this question if I head to therapy...perhaps after years of peeling away the layers of my mind like an onion, I can figure it out.

And so, I have to meet Scooby at one mall in 30 minutes then Dr G at Sam's club in 90 minutes after he finishes surgery. Can I do it? I think so...I was born to compete. I can be at two places at one time....what modern woman can't? I will leave Tink, Lil A, and Buddy to clean up the house (right....) and throw on the track suit. Not the velour one like my Uncle T wears (major fashion faux pas) but the one that has racing stripes on the legs like Sue Sylvester on Glee. First, I have to put on the Adidas sneakers.....Got to run, Scoob is waiting.
Have a good day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment