Monday, February 18, 2013

Seeing things as they are.....

Good morning! This is going to be a short post since I still have a mountain of work, even though I am not supposed to be working...how does that happen?

Yesterday, Wildcat and I saw Argo....very intense....great movie...moving....scary too. The disregard for human life was palpable and disconcerting. If it was me....I would let the hostages go one at a time.....but then again, it is never really up to me...is it?

My polar bear is fine. No side effects from the plunge. She is warm and toasty and has a story to tell to anyone who will listen.

On the other hand, my big kid continues to process his disappointment. He wants someone to say: "Yeah..raw deal...that stinks...you're a victim....no one like you...you work harder than anyone else...do the coaches notice? Absolutely not....a rip off...."  Have I said it? nope.

Look, here is my take on it....remember RGIII, the quarterback for the Redskins? The coaches allowed him to play when he was injured. His injury during that subsequent game could be career ending, yet they played him. The 'skins lost in a big way. Not only did they lose the game but they lost they franchise quarterback who has had surgery with Dr. Andrews and will be rehabbing until next season. Why did they do it? Well, they wanted to win even to the physical detriment of their player.

So, what am I saying? I am actually congratulating the coaches for not putting Buddy in a spot where he would be permanently injured. In other words, they may have saved his college career. After all, the pitchers were throwing in snow, wind, and frigid temperatures. As soon as my son gets his head out of his .@)&^%, he will see the coach's wisdom. Until then, he suffers.....

Remember, good things come to those who wait....

By the way, the team lost 2 out of three to the TN team mainly due to giving up 21 runs in three games. Do they need the big kid? Yep...but only if he is healthy. After all, it is a very long season.

And so, it is time for me to turn my attention to work.  I hope that you enjoy this President's Day weekend. I will leave you with the words of Abraham Lincoln: "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt."
Enjoy the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment