Thursday, March 14, 2013

Plans...plans...more plans....

Good morning! It's a beautiful day and I can hear spring coming....what? hear it? yes, I can hear the birds chirping outside knowing that it's time to create their sophisticated and oh so-chic one bedroom condo in the trees outside my bedroom window. I actually love hearing them sing at daybreak. For Christmas, I bought dad an alarm with chirps and the rain forest to eliminate the awful screeching from the clock radio at 5:30 am which makes my body convulse...now my mornings are pleasant with the sounds of nature.....ahhhh...

OK, enough of that chirping....or chatter....

On to the big kid. Yesterday, he was happy....two days ago...not so much....why?

Well, I refuse to give into 'woe-is-me'...'no one understands me'...etc. So, I don't listen. Is that bad?
Anyway, he called yesterday looking for his dad...did you try work? Anyway, he was thrilled that he got feedback from the head coach and was told that he would be number 1 out of the bullpen this weekend. Nice...that could possibly mean that I do not have to wait until the third game's 9th inning to see him pitch. Yeah, baby! So, Tink, charge the camera....we are taking it on Saturday! Yahoo!

He also shared that rather than playing in a league somewhere in the US (like O-hi-oooooo nooo), he wanted to come home and find his own pitching coach, perhaps Coach T if he has time during the season. Coach T is playing within two hours of the house and he could be called up by the Phillies (or not). Anyway, he would work at the bakery ($$$$), work out, and train with a pitching course AND take a LSAT prep course.

Yowsah! he had me at take a course. Now, that is a plan! True, it's gonna cost some $$$, but isn't that what parenting is all about? Being the Bank of All Nations....opening the wallet, taking out the credit card and helping your child to become the man and woman that they are destined to be?

I think that is what I read on a parenting website when I had absolutely no idea what to do next....Naw, not true. Dad and I figured it out all by ourselves....first comes the kid, then goes the money.....

Actually, the money is important because everything on his summer list has to do with either earning money or spending it. It will be nice to have him home. I'll have my personal happy hour buddy. Now that he is 21, we can go to Big Fish happy hour and have our $5 fish tacos. Usually, I go with Sparky, but now that I have shared my love of the dollar beer and $5 fish tacos with my kids, I can sit by the fire place and chat away with my children who are becoming my friends. No drunkenness or disorderliness....just sitting, sharing....

Don't read too much into that one. We hit happy hour once every two months just for the tacos. But it is nice to sit and chat over a food that should be offered at that price rather than double at 7 pm. It's the price that it should be. Buddy and I appreciate it. Tink...not so much. She still does not understand the value of a dollar. On the other hand, have I become one of the Florida senior citizens who go to the early bird special where you can get a steak, baked potato, and salad plus jello for $6.00? Oye!

OK, gotta go. BP Grandmom and Grandpop are on the way to the house to take me to breakfast. Actually, they don't know that this is the plan, but we are headed to Cracker Barrel! Yee-ha!

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment