Sunday, June 16, 2013

Put me in, Coach, I'm ready to play

Hi! I'm back! Sorry about the hole in the daily posts, but I honestly had nothing to write until today. By the way, Happy Father's Day to all especially my pop. Yep, he taught me to ride a bike, read, and work hard. Between BP Grandmom and Grandpop, you can blame them for how I turned out.
Happy day, big guy...love you lots! By the way, BP Grandpop is 86 this year....very impressive.

 

How is the other big guy? Welllll, I think that his identity was stolen. After we received a call from a collection agency about his cable bill in Arkansas, I put 2+2 together and screeched: "Identity....stolen.....ahhhh...."


So, we can deal with this issue and figure out how to fix it before he is wanted by the police and FBI. If I see his picture in the post office when I buy stamps, then I will know that the identity thief has gone too far. Am I worried? Yes...no....I actually do not know what it means or how to fix it. So my ignorance is my solace. 

He has been pushing it at the bakery trying to work two months of time in one month since he leaves on June 30. According to a recent article on the pitching doctor (whose ranch he is going to), he develops velocity and promotes arm health, control, and command. After hitting 8 batters this year, these guys make take up a collection to send him there to hone his command. Perhaps after he finishes at the ranch, they will be safer in the batter's box. In the past he has broken an ankle and

wrist with his fast ball and wayward pitches.

By the way, did you read that a major league pitcher was taken off the diamond on a stretcher after being hit by a line drive? Even in the pros, this can happen...to which I say: "Why?" Why would anyone want to be on a field throwing a ball at 90 miles per hour to a guy who is built like a tank and can crank the ball past the pitcher at 150 mph? I have to say...they are all crazy...demented....nutso....what possesses them to do this? I actually have no idea, but I keep my rosary very close to me while he pitches. After all, he was hit in his freshman year as the ball threw his body backwards on the field.


 




Let me tell you, no parent wants to see this...ever...I still see his hat and head flying backwards....Is he crazy? The answer is "yes." Am I crazy to watch and fund this dream? The answer is "uh uh".





But I have to say...it's his dream....ever since he was four years old...holding the bat...throwing the ball....singing the song by John Fogerty:

Well, beat the drum and hold the phone - the sun came out today!
We're born again, there's new grass on the field.
A-roundin' third, and headed for home, it's a brown-eyed handsome man;
Anyone can understand the way I feel.

Oh, put me in, Coach - I'm ready to play today;
Put me in, Coach - I'm ready to play today;
Look at me, I can be Centerfield.

Well, I spent some time in the Mudville Nine, watchin' it from the bench;
You know I took some lumps when the Mighty Casey struck out.
So Say Hey Willie, tell Ty Cobb and Joe DiMaggio;
Don't say "it ain't so", you know the time is now.

Yeah! I got it, I got it!

Got a beat-up glove, a homemade bat, and brand-new pair of shoes;
You know I think it's time to give this game a ride.
Just to hit the ball and touch 'em all - a moment in the sun;
It's gone and you can tell that one goodbye!



Have a wonderful Father's Day.....

No comments:

Post a Comment