Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Vote for sale

HI! What happened to the heat in the northeast? I wore a jacket today and long pants. Believe me, it was not easy finding pants that would close and be able to breathe and sit without difficulty. I think that I will blame this weekend's family reunion on the Weight Watcher's relapse.

 

It happens and they teach us not to be concerned, just get back on the horse again. And I did.



However, last night Tink and dad decided that they wanted more than fruit for dessert so they went out to buy a store made cake.....as they dove into to it, I weakened....don't judge...and had a small bite. Happily, I almost spit it out. It was a very dry banana cake and not calorie worthy. In fact, I felt nothing but disdain for the cake. I believe that this is a good sign, 'cause in the past, I would have eaten it anyway. I am a changed person....until the big chili cook off next week.....

Here's the story....the town where I live has an annual chili festival and there are prizes for the best chili. My PT, Tank and his crew in the practice have signed up for a booth and will represent the group. However, each PT will bring their chili on Monday to see whose recipe is the best and therefore will be the one to cook and name it and present it at the cook off.  As I was on the stretcher and Tank worked on my arm, I was asked to be a judge in the PT practice chili challenge. This is a huge honor and something that I do not take lightly.  All the therapists  want to win to have bragging rights. Perhaps I can be bribed....hmmmm what could actually persuade me to throw my vote in someone's direction?

Let's consider how easy I can be bought....very easily.....too easily....embarrassingly so....

I guess that I could throw my vote to Tank since he holds the future of my arm in his hands.....

I could also be amenable to casting my ballot to the guy who delivers the best dessert....I actually don't like chili....

I might vote a particular way for a few bucks....you know....instead of pin money, I know call it Starbucks money....

it should be a memorable day as my opinion could make or break someone's dream of developing a chili dynasty in our little borough....


On to the big kid...he's sick and just a bit temperamental. The pitching coach caught him today and he was unable to find the plate. "Stop thinking! Throw the XVNE$$(^ ball!" The coach got so aggravated that he got Big Red to catch. Guess what? Zoom...zip...pop....over the plate. Oye! A head case...really...he called dad looking for sympathy but did not get it. Instead he got "I've spent all this money...figure it out!" Oops. End of conversation. End of pity party.....gotta go and study.....click....

And so, what do I think about this latest issue? Nothing...nada...zippo...Yeah....figure it out. You have had plenty of coaching....you know the drill...throw the XZ#@$^ ball...for crying out loud.


 


I should have earned a doctorate in counseling or psychology if I knew that  I was going to have to be everyone's therapist. Sheesh! By the way, I have not received the pity-me call. Instead, I got a text about immunizations....seriously....do you think that I remember how, what, and when he had his shots? I didn't remember when he was a kid and relied on the doctor to send a note to the house as a gentle reminder that they needed their vaccinations. At first, I had a nice notebook but then I kept forgetting and then...I didn't care anymore. I know that he does not have rabies...does that help?

And so, it's another day that I can check off the calendar. Tink and I are dining alone since dad is teaching a class. One of my little neighbors has stopped by to play with the dog and she is such a cutie pie. She is one of the quints from down the street who loves Diva.



She now knows when we are home because she looks into the mud room to see us. If she sees the gate that keeps the dog in the mudroom is down, she knocks on the door. Last week, we had a problem with the smoke detectors. They went off spontaneously at midnight. I was the ONLY person to jump out of bed. Dad looked up and said: "Where are you going?" Where am I going? The smoke detectors are shrieking...where am I going? I am going to find the smoke or fire and save the family! Duh.....and so, the detectors spontaneously stopped after a few minutes as I checked the house. What does it have to do with my little friend who loves Diva? Well, we went out to the Mushroom Festival and she peered into the mud room. She saw the gate and Diva sleeping. She also heard the smoke detectors wailing and went home. Never did she call the fire department but reported back that the dog did not mind the sound. Anyway, all they needed were new batteries and Tink and I went to the Dollar Store to replace them. End of a weird convoluted story.



Now it is time for me to pay attention to my little 8 year old friend. She actually made one of those rubber band bracelets for me. So sweet. Her brother lil D tried to sell me a bracelet and necklace. I gave him $5 and he promptly returned it when his mother saw his cash. Apparently, he over charged me. I don't mind. He's a sweet kid, like his sister.... I'll pay twice the amount to just hang out with them. They ask the greatest questions and have that innocent, sweet vibe going on. It's pretty nice considering I generally have people calling about vaccinations, poor mechanics and chili recipes. I am ready to hang out with my little girl friend as she tries to teach Diva a trick or two. Good luck, sister on that one....Diva ain't doing anything except what she wants to do. Trust me....gotta go...Caoi!


No comments:

Post a Comment