Sunday, March 9, 2014

Patience

Hello. I would like to start with sharing my condolences to Wildcat and her family as they continue to mourn the passing of their mother. After attending her funeral yesterday, I could see that this lady has left quite a legacy starting with her family. A great bunch of people who will continue to band  and heal together will continue her good works and make a difference in their communities just like their mom.

I also had the opportunity to see my nephew and brother in law while in NY. It was great to see both of them and I wish that we could see each other more often.

As far as the trip is concerned, I am not a big fan of NY highways. In fact, I really hate driving there. The traffic and craziness is overwhelming. As soon as I entered NY, I felt that my driving became more aggressive. I was more like Maria Andretti as I avoided the fast and slow drivers as well as the truckers who delight in cutting off the smaller cars. Tink and I did not eat Skittles; all of my crazy driving was fueled by my own adrenaline and desire to live.

I also want to send a shout out to our Tink. On Friday, she donated her hair to Locks of Love. This foundation collects long hair in good condition for children with cancer. I have to say that she looks amazing with short hair, but what is more amazing was her desire to grow her hair out for sick kids. Nice going, Tink!

On to the big kid who is mentally struggling these days. His bullpens and time on the mound are top notch but he is not given innings. What makes it worse for him is that the team is losing. He sits in his bullpen and mutters to himself: "That guy stinks. I could have struck him out....what a loser....I could blow the ball past these dorks...." and so on....


I am thrilled with his confidence and can understand his plight. The coaches have their core favorites and the kid needs to bide his time and wait for his chance. When this happens, he can blow the ball past his opposition but until then....he waits and waits and waits.


After the games when he does not pitch, he sends salty messages home in which I have started to ignore. Perhaps the coaches are right and he is not ready yet. Remember the flower and bud analogy? He cannot bloom until he is ready and a person cannot rush the process or the bud will die!


Therefore, he is learning to be patient. Wait his chance....have his number called...and...

Boom!

Flick!

Zip!

You're out!

That's right. Stop worrying. Enjoy the travel and hanging with the boys....good things come to those who wait BUT he also must continue to prepare.



Until then, no drawing the folks into the pity party. Nope. Not attending. I have other things to do like wash my hair or shovel snow. Oh yeah, and Diva has another appointment with the eye doctor tomorrow. Yep, I have a very exciting life.....

Time to roll. Enjoy the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment