Sunday, July 13, 2014

Hold on! I'm coming!

Good morning! It's a little soupy today so it was an early morning workout with the iPod shuffle that Betty gave to me. Boy, what a difference music makes with a work out. I had my own tunes and was bopping around the track singing songs and looking like an out of shape, middle aged weirdo....ah, now that I am of a certain age....I don't care!






 Actually, Tink looked me up on some rate-a-professor site on the internet. Guess what? I got a 'hot' rating. That's right....I said 'hot'....before I go and puff up my ego, let's consider this hotness.....could it be that I had multiple hot flashes during a given class?

Could it be that I have a little portable fan that I bought in Target that I attach to my laptop before these classes to keep me cool? In other words, the hot rating is probably because they watch me perspire....



With that said, speaking of hotness, my boy went to the ER today and his BP mamma is not too happy....yesterday, he stopped at an urgent care and they correctly diagnosed strept throat. They also gave him 10 mg prednisone for his incredibly large tonsils. Well, if you know my boy, you know that he is a giant. Ten mg is more or less...how to say this....nothing....it's nothing. His body laughed at the low dose...not even enough to burst a pimple.... and as a result, it did not work. Therefore, I got a 5 am text telling me that he was much worse and added the four letter word...."HELP!"



Nice, just what a ma wants at 7 am on a Sunday when she is 18 hours away by car....I can't physically help, so I sent him to the ER with the notion that I would catch a very expensive plane to St. Louis and drive 2 and 1/2 hours to find him in a sweat ball somewhere.....talk about 'hot'......As Sam and Dave sing: "Hold on.....I'm coming!"

And thus, our hero drove himself to the ER, parked, and was seen my a doctor who said several things...sorry to those of you who have queasy stomachs....his tonsils are two times the normal size with a great deal of pus on them, and a strept rash on his left arm.




They also laughed at the ten mg prednisone dose and gave him the correct dose. Now, he should feel a bit better and be able to beat this....however, this means that he probably will not pitch this week.

Huh? What is the deal? This guy cannot catch a break! Once again, as he is ready to return to the mound after having the arm strain, he is sidelined with pus-y tonsils.



The only thing that I can say is that he will get his chance when the time is right. Be patient.....stay calm.....drink orange juice and take your meds.....and if you don't feel better......



Hold on....I'm coming! Sing it Sam and Dave!



Don't you ever feel sad
Lean on me when times are bad
When the day comes and you're down
In a river of trouble and about to drown
Just hold on, I'm comin'
Hold on, I'm comin'
I'm goin' my way, your lover
If you get cold, I will be your cover
Don't have to worry 'cause I'm here
No need to suffer baby, 'cause I'm here
'Cause hold on, I'm comin'
Hold on, I'm comin'
Hold on, I'm comin'
Hold on, I'm comin'
Reach out to me for satisfaction
Call my name now for quick reaction
Now don't you ever feel sad
Lean on me when the times are bad
When the day comes and you're down, baby
In a river of trouble and about to drown
Just hold on, I'm comin'
Hold on, I'm comin'
Just hold on, I'm comin'
Hold on, I'm comin'
Just hold on, I'm comin'
Hold on, I'm comin'

No comments:

Post a Comment