Tuesday, March 10, 2015

David versus Goliath Part 1

Good morning!

Cue the theme from Rocky......



Here it is....this is the day when David of the north battles the Goliath of the south. Rocky battles Apollo Creed.....That's right. The big lefty is scheduled to start against the Yankees. Is he ready....well.....

Image result for david versus goliath gif

If you are a regular reader, you know that on Saturday, he entered the game and did not throw well. He knew it. I knew it. The entire stadium knew it. When we had a discussion about it, he shared that he did not have ample time before entering the game to warm up. He also said: "my arm is dead. Lifeless."



Ok, this is not good especially with Goliath on the schedule. Hmmm....what can we do to inject some life into your dead arm? Adrenaline shots? Massage? Acupuncture? Acupressure? Aroma Therapy? Dubble Bubble?? This was especially nerve wracking for ole BPM.

Image result for arm therapy long tube equipment

Crud. Double crud. Triple crud.

All I could do was listen and not give in to negativity. My only role...it did not cost me a penny. I had to shut my mouth, listen, and not offer advice. He only wanted to vent and I let him. And yes, for those of you who know me....as he ranted.....I let my mind wander to warm weather, sunshine, pretty flowers, and singing birds.....



Back to the story......

When I got to town yesterday with a car full of food, he and I finally got together as he worked with his banned arm tube and  said:

"My arm has life. I can move it. It whips."

A miracle. Indeed.

While he worked out, he stopped and said: "I am nervous."

Crud, Double crud. Triple crud.



Now, it was time for me to speak.

Ok, this is natural. You have a game. However, you have done this before with bigger teams (if you count the local powerhouse in 8th grade). Remember what you said to me in Texas..."I am going to punch them in the face and make them bleed." Where is the face puncher that I was with two (or three...I forget) weeks ago?

"You're right. I am going to punch them in the mouth. I'm ready."



And that, my friends is where we stand. The face puncher....focused....arm whipper is ready for action.

Man, this can wear a person out. I believe that my next academic degree with be a doctorate in psychology. I can use it especially if he does well and moves to the next level or doesn't.

On another note, I saw two scouts in the stands on Friday night. I was praying that he would enter the game...but.....nope....oh well, there will be more opportunities.

Now it is time for me to put on my game face as I watch my David battle Goliath.



Image result for david versus goliath gif

No eating until after the game. After all, I don't want to throw up. Yeah, I am a tad bit queasy, but I will never let him know. After all, this is what he has craved. It is time.

Go team.

Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment