Sunday, August 23, 2015

Jury duty

Good evening! I am writing on a Sunday night because.....

I have jury duty tomorrow!



First, a quick shout out to Wildcat who is heading down south for a month. I'll miss you kiddo! Be careful!
 Image result for jury duty gif


OK, back to jury duty....rats...I know that everyone has to do this at some point, but I was keeping my fingers crossed that the bad guys and their lawyers would be on vacation this week. Apparently not! And so, I report tomorrow by 9am (by 8:15 if I want a parking space) and will wait until my number is called. As I am interviewed, I will hold back from saying that I have a philosophical construct that I hold dear to my heart that everyone is 'guilty'. Yep, we are all guilty of something...too much food....booze....television.....shopping....exercise...reality television watching.....and so on....Yes, we are all guilty. Therefore, I should be excused because I will stand up and say "guilty!"....of something.....



On to Big kid....he is doing well out in Seattle. He went to a Mariners game and watched the bullpen warm up. "Mom, they are no better than I am. I can do this...."

Image result for jury duty the judge  gif

OK, I like the confidence.

Yesterday, he broke some sort of record at the training facility for something or other....he explained it. I listened. It did not make much sense. But, the trainer moved his leg a bit and the ball flew out of his hand. "Mom, this only happens with a few of the guys who go there for training."



A good thing?

Yes, I believe so.

Image result for funny jury gif

And so, his optimism is good. He is feeling solid without pain and will stay for another three weeks. That's right. Three more weeks. His landlady has made him pay up front. So, dad sent three weeks worth of rent. I am keeping my fingers, toes, and eyes crossed as well as my wallet closed that he finishes in the aforementioned three weeks because.....well....hmmmm.... how can I put this delicately?

Image result for funny jury gif

It's expensive....no coupons...no clearance rack...no discount....full price, babeee......

Image result for funny jury gif
No worries. I can sell some blood or a kidney.

Image result for funny jury gif

Gotta get ready for jury duty...do I bring a book? Laptop? Tablet? Newspaper? Cell phone? My mom? Kashi bar....water?

Image result for funny jury gif

So many decisions.

Image result for funny jury gif

peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment