Sunday, August 30, 2015

Oh my!

Greetings. I am sorry that I have not posted this week, but jury duty has taken all of my time. I cannot discuss the case, but I can tell you the following:

Image result for jury duty meme
1. There were 106 people in my group that were contacted for a trial

Image result for jury duty meme
2. The odds of me being chosen were approximately 1% at this point.
3. Then they divided us into two groups for two different trials, my odds went up a small percentage.
4. They took us into a room to see the judge, lawyers and defendant, then the judge asked questions....

Image result for jury duty meme
5. This increased my odds to 50-50 when he asked if anyone had a criminal record. Only a few answered the question until an Einstein raised his hand and asked if a DUI was a crime. Seriously? Hands went up.

Image result for jury duty meme
6. I knew that I was in trouble. Yes, I may joke about "Merlot moments" but I do not drink and drive and generally cut off alcohol consumption after a glass and half (if I am not driving).

Image result for jury duty meme
7. Over half of the potential jurors hands went up. I went from 1 % to almost certain to be chosen...and....

Image result for jury duty meme

Yes, I am in the jury...front row....learning a great deal about the judicial system and court proceedings.



I cannot say anymore because I took an oath. However, I will chat about some aspects at a later date.

Hopefully  I will finish tomorrow after the lawyers' give their closing arguments. However, we still have to agree on a verdict....talk about 12 angry men closed up in a little room with one bathroom.....more later.



BTW: The big kid called yesterday...he's lonely in Seattle :-(
Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment