Saturday, January 14, 2017

Movin on...first weigh in

Mornin'....Yesterday the rubber hit the road, when we had to be weighed in to earn a point for our team, "25% off" (name selected by moi). Tink was down one half pound in 4 days, whereas I dropped a whopping 0.2 pounds. I actually smiled that I dropped anything since my diet this week consisted of sneaking the leftover pizzelles. Yes, I hid my consumption from Tink who is watching me like a hawk. She is headed back to work next week, so I have some breathing room. However, we are now out of pizzelles. The trainer at the gym said "Keep up the good work, in a month, you will have lost a whole pound." Message received.



On to the big kid, he has received an invitation for an interview for a law school in North Carolina. They want him to visit campus this week. Since the drive is 8 hours in length, I do not want him to do it alone.
Yes, once a momma...always a momma, even when your baby has graduated college and is applying to law school.
Sooooo, we are leaving late Tuesday afternoon for a 10:30 interview on Wednesday, then coming back home. I am taking my car since it has XM radio and heated seats (which are essential for when the right leg begins to numb from driving without stopping).

When I drive long distance, I actually prefer to have Tink with me. She opens my chapstick for me, keeps me entertained, and has a supply of Skittles or Swedish fish when I need a quick sugar high. Since I am now a biggest loser, I need her more than ever since the big kid will sleep the 8 hours that we are on the road. I guess I will have to keep my chapstick and granola bar next to me since I doubt if the big guy is going to help me out. Yes, he will drive, but he has a tendency to....how do I say this delicately.?......speed, get miffed at the driver in the other lane, and turn off my radio stations. Unacceptable. I keep to keys and the driver's seat to maintain my sanity. Keep your fingers crossed, while he is in his interview, I have to find a Starbucks, grab their WIFI, and let you know how it goes. By the way, Panera also has free WIFI and its coffee is cheaper.

And so, that's about it for now. I have a mountain of work that keeps piling up since I am not doing it. Yet, it is my own fault, since I am choosing other activities besides completing my work which is a disadvantage of working at home. Another disadvantage is having a fridge and pantry full of food that I like. Why? Well, since I do the shopping, I select healthy and BPM favorites such a Pepperidge Farm goldfish, Greek yogurt, granola bars and clementines.
Eating one a day is considered healthy. However, eating all of them before noon is not. And so, it is time for me to think and work...think some more....more some more......

Peace!


No comments:

Post a Comment