Friday, March 31, 2017

Movin on....Living in the moment.

Good rainy morning! Mother Nature teased us yesterday as she gave us 3 minutes of sun. Then back to the drearies. One of these days....we will see sunshine...I can feel it.....Image result for mother nature sun gif

Tomorrow is my big day....yep, I have been to the gym lifting weights preparing to wave runners left on the street corner or is it right? I take my responsibilities seriously. Image result for flag lady waving gifOf course the weather is going to be typically yukky. The big leftie and I are plotting our escape south....west....anywhere...out of here. It is times like this that I miss the road trips south to sit in the stands and wait for a momentary appearance on the mound.Image result for waiting in the bleachers gif

Yesterday I watched a HBO report on a MLB pitcher who basically lost his mojo. He could not find the plate and was relegated to the minors to figure it out and find his groove again. Finally he came back as an outfielder who could hit home runs. It was a good story.Image result for bad pitcher gif

So I texted the big kid and shared that I saw the report and was impressed.

Image result for bad pitcher steroids gif
"Don't be."

BPM: "why?"

"Drugs....steroids...."

BPM: "oh"

Yep, that one hurt. Then I texted that I was glad that he was moving forward and no longer under the scrutiny of thousands of people. He agreed and said that it was a shallow lifestyle.

Image result for shallow lifestyle gif

Huh? Shallow? Superficial? This was what he wanted from age four. He had a mindset to go to the MLB and pitch in the World Series.

What happened to the little guy who slept with his glove under his pillow and bat by his bed?

The only thing that I can think of is that he is excited about law school.Tomorrow he has an orientation with the members of his class. So, in a way, he has gotten past his little boy dreams.Image result for little boy big dreams gif

How about the rest of us? Have we made peace with goals that were not achieved? Dreams that were not actualized? Image result for banged up crv gif

I am not sure. I see some people living in the past and not enjoying the present. I also see people so future oriented that they miss the beauty of the moment. There has to be a balance between the past, present and future. For the life of me, I do not have any advice. However, if pressed.....here is my take on it.....Image result for little boy big dreams gif

Some folks are not pleased with themselves or their lives. They are waiting for something magical to happen. Then there are those who feel that the past cannot possible be matched. Here is where they are wrong.Image result for little boy big dreams gif

The present is all we have. The past is just a memory to be enjoyed and pulled out when we need it. The future is for dreaming, but not too much since we are not guaranteed anything past the moment. Just ask Daisy whose 45 year old cousin past away suddenly yesterday.   if we do not live in the moment then we are giving away a gift.Image result for little boy big dreams gif

That's it. That's all I have at this moment since I have to take Tink and drop her car off to be painted. She has had a few....oh let's say....fender benders...the best one was when she hit the trash cans in the garage. Believe it or not, they did the most damage. Then there was the time when someone keyed the car at a fair. Finally, it looked so banged up that we had to do something...and today is the day.
Image result for dented crv gif
And so.....Off I go....
Related image

Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment