Sunday, October 8, 2017

Movin on....back again.....

Greetings on a yukky Sunday. Big shout out to Wildcat, Ice, and Mk for encouraging me to write again. Honestly, I was done. I was in a black hole and no desire to leave it. That's right. I was going to stay in darkness and not emerge.


Image result for being strong gif



Does that sound terrible? Naw...you know me...in my black hole, I had Snickers bars, Skittles, cookies, boxed wine, my rosary, and some water. That's all I needed. My provisions kept me in size XL athletic pants...oversized hooded sweatshirt with gray hairs sticking out of my head. I was quite comfortable......

Image result for hiding and eating cheese doodles gif
Is that the way it went?

 Image result for hiding and eating cheese doodles gif

Nope! Although I was a semi reclusive state, I knew I needed to stay strong and steer the ship until we all had some rays of sunshine....although the size XL pants are not that far from the truth.....
Image result for hiding and eating cheese doodles gif

Ok, so I am back...what has been happening? Well, I can't give you the last 6 months in one post since my fingers will cramp up and I have to take a break or two and grab a healthy snack...yep...it will balance the huge Costco cookie I had for breakfast. You see, folks, it is all about moderation, she reports with tongue in her cheek.

Image result for hiding and eating cheese doodles gif

And so, what has been happening....Sniff, sniff....

Honestly, I started this blog to share my weird journey with family and friends. I have an odd life that gets odder and odder the older I get. As Wildcat says, "no one would believe this stuff...." And honestly, I do not make it up.Image result for being strong gif

As I type, I am listening to my iPod....Carly Simon is singing...."I haven't got time for the pain...."




Can you imagine my state of mind when I downloaded this song from iTunes? Yep, the reality is I cannot languish in sadness and despair. Get you butt movin on, BP mom.....

Image result for being strong gif

And I did. After all, I have to be the voice of reason. I am the caregiver, soother of boo boos, while offering non judgmental love and support. I cannot give in to sadness. Time to get going....

Sooooo, what's up?

The last you read, the big leftie and his family were dealing with a diagnosis that would knock a weaker person off their feet. He has a chronic (which means it will never go away) neuromuscular disorder that causes trouble breathing, double vision, and muscle weakness. He has to be on medication for the rest of his life and figure out ways to pull together an independent and successful life for himself. Doable? Yep. It can be done. For someone without the work ethic, the answer would be no. This guy? You betcha.  Image result for being strong gif

Once he was discharged over Easter, we began to research MG to get a hold of what it is all about. His medication helps but sometimes he gets cramps and fasciculations. When tired, he occasionally gets double vision back and loses his voice. He has to pace himself to not overdue things.

This diagnosis came out of left field (back to baseball metaphors). I did not see it coming, although if he had told me that he had double vision, I would have pulled the trigger on consulting a neurologist sooner. This bit of information, he kept to himself as he almost aced his LSATs with double vision. He was seeing 8 responses on the test rather than the usual four. He was also driving which I did not know either. Yep, BP mom is always the last to know.

Once the treatment program began, he began to regain his voice and strength, although both are not fully back. He had to hold off law school for a year and is now finishing his graduate degree in criminology to prepare for school. He also started playing golf and is now driving the ball 300+ years on his drives. This makes him happy since he can no longer pitch.

Image result for being strong gif

He also continues to work at the health club and began (reluctantly)  coach velocity at the indoor baseball facility. His friends are basically settled in their lives and he feels left behind in many ways. Actually, he is. However, I tell him that God is preparing him for something big and he has to be patient. Hopefully, he will be able to start law school next August.Image result for being strong gif

I have decided that he is my hero. With everything life has thrown at him, he has hit it back with vengeance. Does he get depressed and angry? Sure! Who wouldn't? I wish that I could take it from him, but it is not my designated journey. Like other heroes, like our own MK, I am saddling up equipped with fortitude and will do everything I can to make sure that this guy has a normal happy life. How will I accomplish that one? Ah....I've tackled bigger issues. This one may take a while, but I can visualize success.Image result for being strong gif

BP Grandmom used to say, "When God closes a door He opens a window...." We can go through this window, but first, I have to get back to boot camp, get rid of the Cheese Doodles and Skittles, and lose enough inches to wiggle through the window with the big guy looking for  happiness.
 Image result for hiding and eating cheese doodles gif
Update...my iTunes song is now "You can't always get what you want...." by the Rolling Stones....

 No, you can't always get what you want
You can't always get what you want
You can't always get what you want
But if you try sometime you find
You get what you need



yep, I was definitely in a hole when I bought this one too.....
Image result for hiding and eating cheese doodles gif
More later.

Peace!




No comments:

Post a Comment